This is one of the easiest dishes I make on a regular basis, but it is impressive enough to serve to guests. It’s so good that no one will guess it wasn’t made from scratch, or even that it is 100% vegan!
This is the greatest type of comfort food – warm, cheesy, and delicious, with just a little bit of spice. It also packs a hefty dose of protein, fiber, and iron, so you will actually feel good about eating it!
Easy Spinach Enchiladas
10 corn tortillas
1 can refried beans
2 cups fresh spinach, roughly torn
1 cup nondairy cheddar cheese
1/2 jar red enchilada sauce
Optional: jalapeno slices, chopped green onion, nondairy sour cream, hot sauce
1. Start with a nonstick sprayed rectangular casserole dish. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Spread about 2 Tablespoons of beans down the center of a tortilla. Top with a small handful of spinach and a sprinkle of cheese. Wrap and place in casserole dish, with joined edges side down. Repeat for the remaining 9. You should have about 1/4 cup of cheese remaining.
3. Top with the enchilada sauce and lightly spread with a spatula to cover most of the surface area. Top with remaining cheese and spinach.
4. Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes.
5. Remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
6. Add additional toppings as desired. Serve and enjoy!